There's a new Heat Wave in Lanzarote. The State Meteorological Agency (AEMET) has activated the yellow warning for adverse meteorological phenomenon in Lanzarote starting this Sunday. Temperatures that can reach this up to 34 ºC this Sunday and that will go up to 35 ºC next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
And on Monday, August 21st, the temperatures rise up to 35 ° C. It will especially affect small areas and interior areas.
This notice is from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
On Tuesday, August 22nd, the warning continues for high temperatures up to 35 ºC, from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
On Wednesday, August 23rd, the AEMET keeps the warning for high temperatures up to 34 ºC, from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
The warning is still activated on Thursday, August 24th, for high temperatures up to 34 ºC, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. The coasts are generally out of the warning, although occasionally they can reach 34 degrees.
On Friday, August 25, the AEMET keeps the Yellow warning for high temperatures up to 34 ºC, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Stay Cool, Keep hydrated and follow recommendations below:
- Avoid the sun when it is strong, cover up, and use high-factor sunscreen.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing. Avoid dark colors because they absorb the sun’s rays.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids even if you do not feel thirsty. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Eat small meals and eat more often.
- Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
- Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities. If you're at the beach, take special care of the little ones and try to avoid the hottest hours of the day.
- Check on your animals frequently to ensure that they are not suffering from the heat.
This information, events and a lot of extra content can be found in the new app "Localixo", with which you will have a smart virtual assistant expert in Lanzarote. It will answer all your doubts!
You can also follow us on Social Media Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. We share the best of Lanzarote.
Have a great weekend!